The Silver Cigar Cutter

The cutter made to cut two cigars of different size, being inscribed on the top, "Presented to the Officers of the 3rd Batallion of the Prince of Wales Own, The Yorkshire Regiment by Major J.W.Lodge 1891" .

One side is engraved "To the Borough of Richmond from the Officers of the Green Howards 1970".

The front is engraved with the badge of the West Yorkshire Militia and the rear with the badge of the Princess of Wales Own Yorkshire Regiment.

Made in London in 1890 by William Gibson and John Langman.

Copyright of Alan M.Wilcox Richmond Town Clerk 1985-1997.